Director of eCommerce
This start-up brand is being developed as you read this and preparing for a 2022 launch. The new brand is supported by an 83 year-old, family-owned company rooted in social responsibility and quality craftsmanship. This brand cares deeply about delivering a meaningful experience and offering items for sale that people will feel good about purchasing. We want a leader that lives out the ethos and values of the brand.
We hope that people deeply connect with our brand not because of the products, but because of the people and its purpose. So, we are looking for a relentless ambassador that cares deeply about stewardship and wants to lead a movement towards discovering items that feel like an investment/timeless (things that last and are passed on) versus trendy transactions that end up in landfills.
It’s crowded and noisy online, so we need a Director of eCommerce who is genuine and honestly believes in the brand's purpose. We want you to have a conversation with customers, listen to what they need, and help tell every story that is behind the brand and each hand-selected product we offer.
Description of Duties
The eCommerce Director creates and builds the brand experience with cross-functional teams to execute brand strategy and achieve financial goals for all eCommerce initiatives (start-up brand priority in addition to overseeing other company DTC online stores) . This position works from the OFS headquarters in Huntingburg, Indiana, and reports to the Vice President of Marketing along with having supervisory responsibilities (i.e. eComm Merchandising Manager).
- Help develop the operational foundation of a “ground-up” direct-to-consumer business.
- Oversee the build-out of inventory, order processing, shipping, and packaging requirements for an eCommerce brand.
- Partner with brand and digital marketing teams to identify, develop and execute initiatives to drive brand awareness, acquisition, and positive customer sentiment.
- Work closely with our Director of Sustainability to refine and improve upon our sustainability goals and reduce our environmental impact.
- Oversee execution of all seasonal launches and special online promotions.
- At times, the ability to work “non-traditional” hours such as nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Develop website navigation strategy to achieve sales and conversion goals that leverage key seasonal big ideas, new products, and marketing messages.
- Manage daily site operations and work with all pertinent parties to ensure site and content changes are accurately executed.
- Execute weekly site content strategies ensuring site stability to drive department and category level conversion.
- Develop, maintain, and report milestones from project planning documentation.
- Create, track, and report KPIs that measure success of e-commerce business.
- Provide daily, weekly, and monthly e-commerce reporting to leadership.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Comprehensive knowledge of eCommerce concepts and principles (Marketing, Merchandising, Fulfillment, Payment, Customer Service etc.)
- Demonstrable understanding of eCommerce website management, maintenance, and performance optimization.
- Experience in direct-to-consumer customer service environments.
- Previous experience managing personnel as direct reports, cross-functional teams and agency partners.
Experience and Expectations
- 7-10+ years of relevant experience in eCommerce with a track record of growth and innovation
- Ownership mentality with a strong drive to steward social responsibility in all facets
- Can inspire and lead without direct authority throughout the organization
- Strong financial acumen and the ability to interpret complex data to draw meaningful consumer insights
- Comfortable with navigating digital planning tools and order management systems.
- Bachelor's degree in business or related field required, Master’s degree preferred