eCommerce Merchandising Manager
We hope that people deeply connect with our brand not because of the products, but because of the people and its purpose. So, we are looking for a relentless ambassador that cares deeply about stewardship and wants to lead a movement towards discovering items that feel like an investment/timeless (things that last and are passed on) versus trendy transactions that end up in landfills. It’s crowded and noisy online, so we need a Merchandising Manager who is genuine and honestly believes in the brand's purpose. We want you to have a conversation with customers, listen to what they need, and help tell every story that is behind the brand and each hand-selected product we offer.
This start-up brand is being developed as you read this and preparing for a 2022 launch. The new brand is supported by an 83 year-old, family-owned company rooted in social responsibility and quality craftsmanship. This brand cares deeply about delivering a meaningful experience and offering items for sale that people should feel good about purchasing. We want a leader that lives out the ethos and values of the brand.
A few things this role covers:
- First and foremost, an ambassador for the environment through good design and craftsmanship
- Help build a brand that a community wants to fall in love with over and over again because they know we care as much as they do
- Comfortable acting as a brand ambassador to build a personal connection with our target audience and customers through digital channels and live events
- Responsible development and guidance of the product mix, pricing and positioning strategy aligned to the brand’s ethos and a triple bottom line
- Assess category performance and expansion opportunities by clearly articulating product needs through proper merchandising and product pipeline management with circularity at the root of all product initiatives
- Work closely with New Product Development, Sourcing, Design and Analytics to establish brand and product goals regarding volume, pricing, discounting, margin and inventory targets
- Work closely with Digital Marketing Manager and Creative Design team to deliver compelling marketing campaigns, customer journey maps, path-to-purchase frameworks
- Product sensibility and ability to merchandise site with a simple, thoughtful and visually appealing UX
- Meticulous focus on weekly, monthly and quarterly KPIs and develop dashboards to visually communicate performance and identify shifts in customer behaviors
Experience and expectations
- Ownership mentality with a strong drive to steward social responsibility in all facets
- Interior Design industry experience preferred
- 5+ years of progressive experience in eCommerce merchandising, “considered purchase” environment and product development in home furnishings or contract interiors
- Team player and leader that can inspire and lead without direct authority throughout the organization
- Strong financial acumen and the ability to interpret complex data to draw meaningful consumer insights (familiarity with Google Analytics and SEO practices)
- Comfortable with navigating digital planning tools and order management systems.
Negotiable based on experience with the understanding that initially considerable time may be required at Southern Indiana corporate headquarters