Manager of Planning and Dispatch
The Manager, Planning and Dispatch, will be responsible for the daily production of load planning, notifications, and driver dispatch. This position will be responsible for meeting OFS delivery requirements and maintaining LTL service levels. The Manager, Planning and Dispatch will also provide subject matter expertise for all planning software and cloud-based programs. This position reports directly to the Director of Logistics.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide direction and support to Planning, Dispatch, and Notifications personnel to ensure daily planning and dispatch is completed.
- Conduct observations to identify areas for change; conducts analyses to develop action plans to address operational and employee gaps.
- Develop and execute benchmark metrics and key performance indicators for Dispatch and Planning teams.
- Prepare and implement continuous improvement initiatives.
- Work within software and cloud-based planning programs to fully utilize the system attributes and capabilities.
- Insure the maintenance of timely and accurate communications with internal and external customer service personnel.
Skills and Experience
- Ability to develop rapport with company and client management and maintain strong working relationships, while successfully managing customer expectations.
- Record of maintaining high-quality standards for the organization.
- Manage time effectively to meet deadlines, using work plans to prioritize competing, but interdependent tasks.
- Self-starter who takes initiative, with the ability to prioritize and handle responsibilities with minimal guidance.
- Strong analytical and math skills; strong attention to detail.
- BA/BS Degree preferred or related practical work experience in Transportation and Logistics.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite of products and an adequate comfort level with internet based data systems.