Product Development Engineer
OFS, an industry leader in the design and manufacture of furniture, has provided award-winning products to the office, education and lifestyle markets for over 80 years. As a family-owned business rooted in stewardship towards nature, community and wellbeing, OFS is dedicated to crafting experiences and products that create places where people want to be.
OFS is seeking a talented Product Development Engineer to work with our Marketing, Industrial Design, Sourcing and Manufacturing teams to bring products to market that reflect our design ethos, but more importantly, support human needs and solve challenges for the people using our products. We work closely together in taking napkin sketches, human-centered design and bringing them to life in meaningful ways through material selection and application-based thinking. We want a teammate that will stretch our capabilities as well as be willing to put in the necessary work that supports business ease for our partners and our company.
As we build cross-functional teams, primary responsibility for this role will fall within seating engineering with opportunities to work in other categories.
- Understanding and engineering products that adhere to our design ethos and the designer’s design intention until circumstances call for adjustment
- Responsible for engineering new products and enhancements including
- Creating product specifications based on market requirements
- Manufacturing/material/tooling process selection
- CAD documentation
- Technical reviews and BOMs
- Assist marketing and instruction documents
- Coordinate product testing
- Lead prototyping and sampling efforts to make timely, informed decisions
- Conduct, validate and document First Article review and analysis, component integrity
- Ownership that products meet/exceed industry standards and performance
- Solid communication skills to effectively articulate ideas and challenges
- Appreciate and execute to engineer with purpose with regard for the environment, value and manufacturability
- Open-minded, energetic and a positive attitude when work intensifies
- Capable of creating 3D models and 2D drawings using SolidWorks
- Minimum 2-year degree in Engineering, Engineering Technology or a related field
- 4 years of experience in engineering or manufacturing preferred
- Knowledge of BIFMA standards preferred
- Injection molding knowledge and experience a plus