Responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
• Responsible for all procurement activities on assigned commodities.
• Confer with suppliers to obtain product or service information, price negotiation, material availability, and delivery schedule options.
• Obtain material by issuing purchase orders to suppliers; monitor and expedite purchase orders as needed.
• Work with suppliers to assure compliance for quality and on time performance.
• Work with suppliers to get new material requirements established for new products
Skills and Special Requirements:
• Ability to read drawings a plus.
• Above average computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office products.
• Knowledge of Oracle ERP or similar system a plus.
• Strong communication skills to communicate effectively with internal and external resources, including suppliers, technical resources, and other business areas.
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Desire to learn about the office furniture industry.
• Four year college degree in business or related field preferred.
• Supply chain experience is a plus