Senior Sourcing Manager
Position Location: Corporate Office, Huntingburg, IN
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
• Manage supplier quoting for new products by actively working with the product development team.
• Manager supplier quoting for existing products by actively working with buyers and with manufacturing engineers.
• Locate new potential suppliers by networking and by participating in trade shows
• Manage the supplier qualification process
• Develop and create sourcing strategy and plans, requests for proposal, and other sourcing documents related to materials sourcing
• Influence suppliers’ manufacturing processes, technology decisions and policies in ways that are mutually beneficial and sustainable for both organizations.
• Analyze industry trends and evolving technology to proactively identify supply base issues to minimize risk, protect continuity of supply, and exploit emerging opportunities.
• Evaluate supplier core competencies and competitive positioning using industry cost models.
• Review and approve a comprehensive list of suppliers for quote processes
• Implement supplier agreements/contracts/terms by working with cross-functional stakeholders and suppliers to reach agreement on contract terms and conditions.
• Actively work on cost reduction initiatives
• Assist buyers in identifying alternate part selection or alternate supplier selection
• Strong knowledge and comfort level working with complex drawings
• Manage team of sourcing personnel
• Ability and desire to build strong relationships - with team, with cross functional teams, with suppliers
• Integrated ERP experience required; Oracle ERP experience is a plus
• Proven negotiation and facilitation skills
• Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
• Project Management Skills required
• Travel is required (domestic and international) - 25-40%
• Bachelor’s degree in business, supply chain, or related field required
• Minimum 7 years’ experience managing teams required
• Minimum 10 years hands-on international sourcing experience in a furniture or related industry required