Terms & Conditions
OFS casegoods and conference products are guaranteed to be free from defects in design, material and workmanship, given normal use and proper care, for 12 years of single-shift service with the exceptions noted below. OFS will repair or replace, at our discretion without charge to the original purchaser, any product or part thereof which fails as the result of such a defect during the warranty period. OFS assumes no responsibility for repairs to products that result from user modifications, attachments to a product, misuse, abuse, alteration or negligent use. Except as stated above, OFS makes no expressed or implied warranties as to any product, and, in particular, makes no warranty of merchantability or of fitness for any particular purpose. OFS shall not be liable for consequential or incidental damages arising from any product defect.
- All components not listed below - 12 years
- All drawer glide suspensions - Lifetime
- All locking mechanisms - Lifetime
- All door hinges - 12 years
- Door latches - 12 years
- Drawer pulls - 12 years
- Task lights - 3 years
- Casters/pneumatic lifts - 2 years
- Foam padding - 2 years
- Base height adjustable mechanism - 2 years
- Power supplies - 1 year
- Damage caused by a transportation company.
- Natural variations in color, grain or texture of wood and other covering materials over which OFS has no control.
- Damage created by loading file drawers with anything other than hanging files.
- Conference tops attached to any other manufacturer’s base.
- Fabric color matching, fabric puddling, fastness of colors or wearing qualities of any material.
- Freight or other shipping charges on returned product or parts, labor and service.
ORDERING INFORMATIONAll orders should be placed with:
1204 East 6th St.
P.O. Box 100
Huntingburg, IN 47542
800-521-5381 Fax 812-683-7256
A customer drawing or sketch of the planned configuration in modular applications will facilitate order processing.
All prices herein are list prices including delivery to one destination, effective with the date printed on the cover, and supersede all other published price lists. US List Prices are domestic prices only for shipment within the Continental United States. Prices are subject to change without notice, unless quoted in writing. Possession of the price list does not constitute authority to sell or offer for sale OFS products.
Orders are acknowledged upon receipt of credit approval. Your acknowledgment is a detailed description of items, prices, shipping information and shipping date. Please read your acknowledgment closely and notify OFS immediately of any discrepancies. OFS is not responsible for errors on orders placed by phone without written confirmation.
OFS is committed to the fastest possible shipment of all products. All other items are available within our normal manufacturing schedule. For information on stock availability, call our customer service hotline 800-521-5381.
Note: Planned shipping dates may be delayed due to fires, strikes, natural disasters or other causes beyond our control.
Contact your OFS Customer Service Representative to verify inventory and production schedules to ensure requested shipment date prior to placing large quantity orders.
DELIVERY AND FREIGHT CHARGES
All shipments are F.O.B. point of shipment, freight prepaid and allowed, excluding fuel surcharges. Shipments outside of the Continental United States are freight prepaid and allowed to port of exit. OFS reserves the right to select the most appropriate carrier and routing on all shipments; however, we will try to accommodate requests for your preferred carrier. OFS reserves the right to implement a fuel surcharge. Orders of less than $1500 net will be assessed a handling charge of $100 net per order. Any charges arising from failure to receive a shipment, rerouting while in transit or carrier storage charges are not included in prices shown. Orders requiring special services are subject to an additional charge.These services include:
- Reconsignment from original destination to new destination - $35 plus $3.00 per mile net
- Refused/Returned Freight
- Freight refused at destination and returned to OFS - Double Freight
- Freight refused at time of delivery; returned to OFS to deliver at a later date - Triple Freight
- Detention Fees (after 2 hours of waiting) - $85 net per hour
- Weekend delivery available Friday after 3:00 p.m. through Sunday night or Holiday - $600 net per truck
- Customer Pickup
- Customer Request for 3rd party to pick up freight at OFS terminal - $125 net
- Change of Tags/Address/Phone #’s on Shipments - $35 net
The OFS line of office furniture is among the most complete in the industry. However, should a particular need arise requiring size modification or customization, contact your Customer Service Representative for a price quotation. Because of the uniqueness of the product, special orders are not subject to cancellation.
CANCELLATION AND ORDER CHANGES
All orders accepted by OFS are considered firm and binding and are not subject to cancellation.
WAREHOUSE STORAGE CHARGES
If a shipment is held beyond fourteen (14) calendar days after the order is ready for shipment at your request, a .067% per day (2% per month) storage charge will be assessed. The effective date will be fourteen (14) calendar days after the order is ready for shipment, as long as this date is after the acknowledged ship date. Further, the prices applied to the order will be those prices in effect at time of shipment.
EXTENDED PRODUCTION AND SHIP DATES
Orders placed with OFS with extended lead times as requested by you will be subject to price in effect at time of shipment.
DAMAGED MERCHANDISE AND FREIGHT CLAIMS
- 1. Inspect all cartons for damage and carton quantity. All shipments are delivered to the transportation company in good condition; OFS’s liability ceases at this time. Do not refuse merchandise damaged in transit. Instead, enter a claim with the transportation company.
- 2. Record damages and/or shortages on the bill of lading and freight bill. Do not accept the shipment until all shortages are noted on both the bill of lading and the freight bill. Sign only for the items you receive. If you give the delivering carrier a clear receipt for a shipment, the carrier is relieved of further responsibility.
- 3. If concealed damage is found: Notify the delivering carrier at once and request an inspection. For shipments via Styline Logistics, notify your OFS Customer Service Representative. This must be done within fifteen (15) calendar days of delivery. Without this inspection the transportation company will not entertain a claim for loss or damage. If the carrier will not perform the inspection, you should prepare an affidavit that you contacted the carrier, noting the time and date, and that the carrier failed to comply with your request. All shipping cartons and inner packing must be retained for carrier inspection. Do not move the damaged merchandise from the receiving location. It must also be retained for the inspection.
RETURN OF MERCHANDISE
OFS will not accept returned merchandise without a signed Return Authorization (RA) issued by our Customer Service Department. All returned merchandise must be properly packaged and cartoned to prevent further damage. Carton must be clearly marked with identifying RA number so that proper credit can be issued. We will consider issuing RAs for the following reasons:
- Manufacturing defect (must be inspected by a OFS Sales Representative)
- OFS order processing error
- Shipping error
- Duplicate shipments
- Mismarked cartons
All merchandise must be returned within thirty (30) days of the date of the RA to receive credit. Freight damage, signs of usage, missing parts, etc. will be adjusted on the amount of credit to be issued.
Reimbursement from OFS for repairs must have prior approval.
The patented Euroluxe® finish is a chemically re-engineered Urethane clear coat that preserves the beautiful depth and clarity of OFS’ finishes, but allows for much greater performance with chemical and scratch resistance, as well as the complete elimination of dangerous formaldehyde emissions. The Euroluxe® finish system achieves indoor air quality standards set by LEED and BIFMA furniture emission standards and allows all products to achieve SCS Global Services’ Indoor Advantage Gold Certification.
CUSTOM FINISH COLOR
Custom finish matching is available for special requirements. OFS must be provided with a suitable 8"W x 10"D or larger finish sample. However, custom finishes can be developed to meet specific needs. There will be a $300 net upcharge per order for new custom finishes (waived on projects of $100,000 net price or more). Custom finish upcharge for repeat or additional orders will be $150 per order, even when the upcharge was waived on the original project. Custom finish matches are valid for 12 months from sample date. After this time period, custom finishes must be rematched and reapproved for use.
Some desktop accessories with plastic feet can penetrate or burn the finish. This is not a defect in the finish. Wood is a natural product and minor variations in wood color, grain and texture may be visible even though the pieces are finished at the same time. Also, light finishes when exposed to ultraviolet rays may darken and change color. These are not defects in finish, and merchandise cannot be replaced because of these natural variations.
BIFMA AND ANSI TESTING
OFS is a member of the Business and Institutional Furniture Manufacturer’s Association. Tests developed by BIFMA and approved by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) determine the strength and durability of casegoods and seating in its everyday use. Although this testing does not serve as a warranty or guarantee, OFS products within this price list generally meet or exceed applicable BIFMA and ANSI standards.
Modifications must be clearly designated on customer’s purchase order by placing the letters MOD and modification # in front of the model number and noting the modification needed.
Example: MOD#2-75-10622MCT-MLC-DR-JL-G1-G1 with top cut down to 104"W
Contact your Customer Service Representative for upcharge on drawer configuration changes for traditional casegoods series.
A complete list of fabrics that have been tested for tackboard application can be accessed at www.ofs.com > Materials > select a Textile Card and hover over swatch color. A window will open displaying tackboard availability. If your selected fabric is not on the list, please contact your Customer Service Representative for approval.
Factory Installed Locks are always keyed alike with key number 345T.
SPECIFIC KEY OPTIONS
Requirements for specific key options by office must be specified on the purchase order at the time the order is placed. Model Numbers with specific key options will specify “NO LOCK CORE” on the acknowledgment. A separate line item will be listed on the acknowledgment as “LOCK CORE SET.” Specific lock cores and keys will be sent separately (see Field Installation below).
KEYLESS CABINET LOCKING SYSTEM
Keyless cabinet locking system uses radio frequency technology. One transmitter pad can operate single or multiple receiver latches. The locking system operates with separate and programmable user and supervisor codes. Optional modes are available for manual locking, self locking or single use locking of drawers and doors. Please contact your Customer Service Representative for applicability and for a price quotation.
Blank lock cores are installed at factory, allowing specific lock numbers to be ordered but shipped in a separate package for field installation. Lock Core Order Form (see page F) must be filled out and submitted with the purchase order. Lock core/key numbers 100 through 150 are available.
For quantity of locks per unit, please visit www.ofs.com and select Resources > Forms & Guides > Lock Core Guide.
RE-KEYING IN THE FIELD
Lock cores and keys can be purchased separately. The purchase order must specify quantity, key number(s) and color of the core (available in nickel, brass or black). Key numbers above number 150 are not stocked and may require a 3-week lead time. Orders ship standard UPS ground. Please note: A lock core change tool must be ordered for lock cores that will be re-keyed in the field.
- Lock Core and Key - $19 list
- Lock Core Change Tool - $29 list
- Master Key - $29 list